Saturday, September 13, 2008

Vacation planning

We've never been to Mexico. Correction - I've never been to Mexico - Darlene has, via a cruise she took with her sister.

This winter, we're looking at Mexico as a destination. I've heard so many bad things about Cancun, it now has a permanent stereotype embedded in my brain and I'm purposely steering clear of it. The place that has me most intrigued actually is the Cabo San Lucas area, down at the tip of the Baja peninsula. We've been reading reviews of some hotels there and heard that in general, food can be really expensive. So basically, we're looking for an all inclusive resort, that isn't a dump. If anyone has any experience in this, I'd like to hear from you.

1 comment:

Gale said...

In March I went to Port Vallarta and stayed at Flaminco Village on the golf course. We rented a vehicle, we went tourist and road the bus. We even went to Walmart. I would go again and the resort was not a dump.