Wednesday, July 16, 2008

They really could do better....

Tonight I decided to go check out the Sound & Lights display at the Parliament buildings. The first show (of 2) started at 9:30pm and would last about a half hour. I found the show to be a tad bit on the lame side. Just a bunch of images and coloured lights projected onto the buildings with some audio of Canadian music and quotes from famous people from our history. I give it a 5 out of 10. I mean...... where are the frickin' lasers?! No frickin' lasers! When I realized the show was set to end right at 10:00pm, I thought, hey - this will be great - the show will end just as the bell tower chimes the hour. Nope........ they turned it off. No wonderful resonant bells ringing out. What's up with that?

The walk back to the hotel was pleasant. It's a balmy evening here in Ottawa. I don't get many night in the city walks anymore, so I've forgotten how much I used to enjoy them.

No comments: