Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Geo-geeky!

Google Maps may be fun, especially when you get into Satellite or StreetView (where available), but they're not the only game in town.

I recently discovered Live Search Maps by Microsoft. While most of their offering is nothing especially new, they have a cool feature called Bird's Eye View, which gives a more 3D perspective. While Bird's Eye isn't available everywhere, I did manage to find my mom's (pictured) and brother's house in the outskirts of Montreal. I will use this to get a better look at future destinations, like hotels, etc.

The red 'x' marks the spot where I spent much of my childhood. Check out that huge tree in the back yard (now cut down - it was about to eat the house). We used to have trees in the front yard too, but a microburst (I think - it wasn't a tornado) tore them up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why don't you think it was a tornado? Everyone who was there does ;) Heidi

Karl Plesz said...

It was too small to be a tornado. No houses were badly damaged yet it 'came down the street'. That's some tornado....

But I must admit - I was not there.