Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Hillary: Give Up!!!

I got sucked into a discussion about the Democratic Primary race in the US today. I was saying that I refuse to pay attention to the weather forecast in Calgary (which is predicting rain for the weekend) until it improves. I was accused of behaving like Hillary Clinton. I laughed.

So as of last night, it seems that Barack Obama has essentially secured the Democratic Party nomination. But did Hillary concede last night? Nope. She chose to drag this thing out (late breaking news - until Saturday apparently). There are folks who claim that the only way Obama can beat McCain is to get Hillary on the ticket as VP. But I see her looking desperate and whiny. I honestly believe she might drag the party down if she gets on the ticket. Don't get me wrong - from a 'change' standpoint, nothing looks better than a black man and a woman on the same ticket representing a party. But she blew it in my mind. The best thing Obama could do right now is get Edwards on the ticket (even though I've heard he doesn't want it) and promise Hillary to get her health reform plan on the official Democratic platform.

Isn't it odd that we Canadians even care thing one about your next President?

No comments: