Monday, May 26, 2008

Great idea but I've got a better one

They make a fake TV you set up in your home to create the illusion that there's someone home watching TV (to make burglars think twice about breaking in). I know what you're thinking. Bear with me.

This fake TV uses very little electricity because it employs LEDs, but by using multi-colour LEDs and flickering the light in a pattern similar to that of real TV, it looks realistic. Plus it has light sensors that allow it to turn itself on at night and off in the morning.

I'll tell you what. Don't settle for a fake TV. If you have an HDTV subscription to a lot of channels and a decent sized HDTV, I'll watch your TV for you while you're away. I might use more energy than the fake TV, but I know how to dial 9-1-1. I might even play with the cats.

No comments: