Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Inflation my eye.......

Is it just me, or are cable television fees getting out of control? My monthly bill, in which I subscribe to all but the highest tier of speciality channels, is over $80. In September 2006, I was paying $64. That's an increase of 25% in 18 months.

What am I getting for this extra 25%? Better service? I'm not noticing any difference. I don't (to my knowledge) have any extra channels than I did before. At least - none that I am watching. My cable TV provider is still not giving me the kinds of choices that other providers and other jurisdictions have been offering for many years, such as time shifting on all major Canadian networks in at least 3 time zones. They do offer time shifting on some networks (for an extra $4), but the selection is pathetic - 6 of the networks are only available in one time zone! I could pay $116 and get every channel (adult channels extra still), but come on - almost $120 per month for premium TV entertainment? Many of these channels with advertising? That seems a bit much.

No comments: