Monday, March 31, 2008

Luxury movie watching

Gold Class Cinemas is building 50 new luxury style theatres in the US, with leather armchairs, valet parking, and chair-side waiters who serve freshly prepared food by on-site chefs. Tickets will cost $35 (not including the food). Each theatre will feature 40 reclining armchairs with footrests, digital projection as well as a lounge and bar serving cocktails and appetizers. These high end cinemas already exist in other parts of the world. Here's an example of a menu.

Looking ahead to the future, we can expect that for $200, a movie facilitation team will come to your home, throw on the latest feature while a team of 'chore reduction experts' cook up a batch of popcorn and do the laundry.

I'm kidding...... the workman's compensation ramifications would be daunting.

For $35, I could buy the DVD, with money left over to purchase some snacks, then watch the movie in the privacy of my own home, meaning I could dress up in my furry outfit with my fellow furries and...... aww crap, I've said too much already.

No comments: