Sunday, March 30, 2008

..come from the land of the ice and snow...

Just got back from my original home.... Montreal (more specifically - Deux Montagnes), where I sneaked into town to surprise my mom at her surprise 70th birthday party.

A friend of mine on Facebook asked me, "How do you like all the snow we just got?", referring to the 3 or 4 cm that fell in Calgary during the last 24 hours. DUDE! You want snow? Feast your eyes on these snowbanks, which by the way, have already shrunk 25% since a thaw began. You can't back out of a driveway without taking your life in your hands, because you can't see what's coming down the street. You may also note that the street width is reduced by half due to the mounds of snow. Some folks who live in single story bungalows are able to walk onto their roof.

I didn't get a chance to get a shot of the snow mountains in empty fields built from dumped snow removed from city streets... but they're a good 5-7 stories tall and the size of a few football fields - each!

I feel for these people, because when all that snow melts, it's gotta go somewhere..........

No comments: