Monday, December 03, 2007

Unlimited time and resources

I was recently asked: "Given unlimited time and resources, list 10 things you would like to do"
Here was my list:

1. Learn to fly an aircraft and get my license (for real - not just a simulator on my PC).
2. Get humankind into space. We need to get our asses off this planet.
3. Learn how to talk to the animals.
4. Find a way into other dimensions and visit with other probabilities of myself.
5. Figure out whatever happened to that awesome peanut butter and vanilla ice cream I used to eat on the boardwalk at Seaside Heights NJ when I was a kid.
6. Invent a pill that makes what you just ate zero calorie.
7. See the world. Well, the safer parts anyway.
8. Invent a surefire way to match people up that will enjoy each other's company for the rest of their lives.
9. Build my dream home - on a beach.
10. Find a way to make it damned near impossible to fight against one another.

2 comments:

Jim said...

Number 10 is the best one :)

Anonymous said...

Potential answer to number 10;
I have invented (in my mind) nano-technology that when inhaled, ingested, touched, spreads all over all body surfaces inside and out and makes a shield against violence. Sudden force causes impenetrable shield to form, pain level causes shield to form, toxic gas molecules cannot penetrate, radiation cannot penetrate. We, as a society, would be reduced to verbal insults and wouldn't that be colorful? I'm not sure if the nano's stick to buildings so war might not be reduced to just destroying buildings just to watch people crawl out of them unharmed. Doesn't cure hunger though.