Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Step one - outfit deck with sound

Now that I have a deck, it's time to start planning for the things I'll need to deck it out (no pun intended) with items to make it an enjoyable, livable place to hang out. Priority number one - tunes.

There were a number of options I could have chosen. I could bring my Macbook outside and use it as a music source. That would need amplified speakers and not exactly be suited to outdoor use. I could use my Zen mp3 player as a source, but would still need amplified speakers. Most of the systems I had viewed in stores were outlandishly expensive and produced crap sound while still being unsuited to the elements.

Then I found this Sony boom box. Styled after a toolbox, it has a radio, cd player with mp3 capability and an auxiliary input for mp3 players. All of its connectors are protected by rubber boot covers. Awesome. The price was right too.

No comments: