Monday, November 05, 2007

Reminiscing about our cats

I have fond memories of our cats. I like cats a lot. We had to get rid of ours because of allergy problems.

What I like most about cats is the most simple games they play.
  • Attack the movement under the blanket. You know - with the two-front-paw-dive?
  • Punch the ball from underneath. I used to place a wadded up paper ball on my lap and the cat would punch it with its paw from underneath to send it flying.
  • Knock the object down. If an object is placed on a high place (like the top of a stepladder), they can't help but knock it off the high perch. In the stepladder case, it just falls to the next step, which is motivation enough to knock it down some more.
  • Fetch. I never knew cats like playing fetch. But ours actually ran out of breath playing this game.
  • Chase the light beam. Be it a reflection of the sun off of a shiny object like a watch, or a projection of a laser pointer on the wall, cats love chasing shiny points of light.
  • Hunt the creature in the crevice. Another game our cat loved to play is where you hide a hand in the fold of a pillow or between a pillow and something else and hint at movement. Oh my do they love to stick their arms in there right up to their armpits to try and fish whatever it is out. Substitute crevice for the opening under a closed door.

No comments: