Sunday, November 11, 2007

OK.... you've got my attention

There's been a lot of talk about the iPhone in Canada. Not so much about what a great device it is, but more to the tune of "why are we still unable to buy one here?". Apple made a deal with AT&T in the US and rumours abound that it is coming to Rogers cell phone service in Canada - but when? Many people have given up waiting and gone stateside to buy one, bring it back across the border and hack it to make it work on the cell provider of their choice. I would consider doing the same with my provider (Fido), but I'm curious to know how good this device really is. What I'm most curious about is its ability to connect to wi-fi.

Do any of my readers own an iPhone or know anyone who does? Care to comment?

1 comment:

Daryl Cognito said...

I have a Touch and the wifi is great on my home network. I've tested with Rogers at he second cup and it works fine. But with the lack of hotspots in calgary limits the usability.