How cool is that? I think knowing how to sign would open up whole new opportunities for communication with people in situations that would otherwise not allow for it.
- At a concert - no matter how loud the band is, you could still ask your friend to pass the joint instead of bogarting it as per normal.
- In school - you can flirt with the person next to you without passing notes or the obvious beeps of cell phone messaging alerts.
- At a party - you can alert your friend across the room to the hot guy / girl heading their way.
- Anywhere - you could curse people who deserve it without offending the ears of people nearby.
- Sports venue - order those nachos with cheese and beer from the guy walking the aisles even when he's a few sections away.