Thursday, September 27, 2007

Gimme cable network shows any day.....

I have concluded that pretty much all the new TV programming worth watching is NOT to be found on traditional network TV channels. 6 Feet Under, Weeds, Sopranos, Big Love..... cable network shows from the likes of HBO and Showtime.

I just discovered a great new show - Dexter. It stars Michael C. Hall. If you recognize that name, it's because he played the gay brother David Fisher in Six Feet Under. This time, he plays Dexter Morgan a member of the Miami Police's crime lab, but in reality he's a disciplined and murderous psychopath and he kills other serial killers he feels have escaped justice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I personally fully agree with you Karl. Dexter is one of my favorite shows right now and I'm really glad season 2 has started. I love his character and find that he continually comes back to acting normal so he doesn't stand out, emotionally responding to situations he could really care less about.... how many of us respond to things based on a thought that we should to be considerate, compassionate or understanding when really we don't really care about it? The internal mono log is so honest and this is what I find most enjoyable about the show.