Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Sometimes it's not safe to dance

Darlene just got back from a retreat in British Columbia. On her way back home she made a pit stop in Banff.

While walking through the storied, narrow halls of the Banff Springs Hotel, she managed to walk right in behind a woman, who had just come out of their room with her husband. So here they were, the wife, Darlene and the husband, walking down the hall and of course because the wife was out front, she had no idea a stranger had joined them - she thought her husband was the only person behind her.

So, thinking they were alone, this woman started to dance. A real sexy bump and grind kind of performance. Darlene's trying so hard not to laugh and turns around to look at the husband. He just shakes his head as if to say "Don't say anything". Just as the woman is about to get the whole act out of her system, her husband says "I guess she doesn't realize that someone else is behind her..."

That's when the woman spins around and a look of horror comes across her face. She is screaming and exclaiming pure embarrassment. To which Darlene says, "Oh..... don't be embarrassed - you just made my whole day."

1 comment:

Gale said...

Darlene rocks! Checking to see if anyone is around me when I do something goofy never comes to mind. I am a ham I am. Usually I get the silent stare. Poor people - no sense of humor.