Monday, June 25, 2007

If you liked Spinal Tap and Best in Show....

I finally got around to watching For Your Consideration last night. If it doesn't ring a bell, it's the latest in a long line of quirky comedies by the folks who brought you Spinal Tap, Best in Show, Waiting for Guffman and A Mighty Wind.

It's not an exciting movie. There are no car chases or girl on girl kiss scenes.

[whispering] Are the readers still here? [whispering stops]

But if you really pay attention, there's some instant comedy in this film that can catch you off guard. There were a few times when I laughed so hard, I had to stop the movie so as not to miss anything.

Like when one actress character says, "I hurt my back. I fell over the side of an escalator."

Or when another character played by Eugene Levy sprays his foot with some anti-fungal spray, then looks at the can and says to his woman assistant as he hands it back to her, "I can't believe you keep this in your purse."

1 comment:

JuicyA said...

my fave part is the diaper heiress talking about how she likes latin or 'lesion' cuisine.

i musta said that a million times when i was in costa rica.