Saturday, June 23, 2007

The best medicine

Last night I decided to get a dose of laughter and attended the Improv Theatre Sports at the Loose Moose Theatre. One of my classmates from the Epcor acting class back in the spring had mentioned that he volunteers at Loose Moose and as a result gets to participate in the improv games from time to time. I invited whomever had free time to come on down and check this thing out. I ended up going with Harriet's hubby Phil. I'm sick with a summer cold but I didn't care........... I was in need of some ha ha.

It was great fun. Both Phil and I had low expectations going in. Improv is hard work and these folks worked it out. There were some pretty funny moments created there. What totally blew me away was that many of the games we played at the Epcor Intro to Acting for Adults class were being played on the stage right before my eyes. It was a cool feeling - "I know that game!!! I've played that game!!" I had no idea that I was going to see those activities again so soon. Nor did I have any idea that we were leaning so much into improv in that class.

One thing is for sure - I'll be going back. Who knows, maybe some day I'll be one of the junior improv players on that stage....

No comments: