Saturday, June 16, 2007

100 things in 100 days - number 4

4. I've only lived in 4 cities in my life so far. Montreal, Kingston, Edmonton and Calgary.

Montreal is such a cool city. I've already presented my thoughts on it on this blog. Kingston is where I spent 15 years of my military career and my years from age 19 to 33. It is also where I met Darlene. It's a very youthful city, Lake Ontario and the 1000 Islands are spectacular. The best part - its proximity to Montreal, Toronto, New York, Ottawa, cottage country.... the list goes on - many within a 3 hour drive. Edmonton was nothing spectacular. Since I only worked there (1997-1999) and left to go home to family on weekends, it represents nothing but work to me. Calgary is my new home since 1994 and it fits very nicely. I would be quite sad to have to leave it permanently.

No comments: