Monday, May 14, 2007

100 things in 100 days - number 33

33. My team is the Montreal Canadiens.

I was born and raised in the Montreal area, so of course I am biased. But I have to tell you, it was grand growing up with the dynasty that was the Canadiens of the 1960s and 1970s. Although those days are gone, it's still fun watching this team surprise even the staunchest anti-Canadiens fans from time to time. But the two most recent proud moments for me have got to be the comeback from two potentially career-ending ailments. First his battle with non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, then the injury to his eye - I'm talking about their current team captain, Saku Koivu. This guy is an inspiration to all.

My stand regarding who should win the Stanley Cup has always been the same - if the Habs can't do it, at least let it be a Canadian team.

Except Toronto....... [heh]

No comments: