Monday, April 16, 2007

100 things in 100 days - number 62

62. I am a Liberal.

There's really not much to add to that. Except to say that when I was growing up, I was a minority in my own province (Anglophone in Quebec). Now I'm a minority in Alberta (Liberal). That wasn't meant to provoke a discussion - I'm just stating fact.

Not that this has anything to do with the current topic, but it might interest you all to know that I predicted the return of Jean Chretien to politics after he had retired and wrote that book Straight from the Heart. People thought I was nuts. I then predicted he would win the Liberal leadership and become the next Prime Minister. Nuts again. For my next trick, I predict that Justin Trudeau will run for leader of the Liberals (and win), but not as soon as people think.

No comments: