Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I'm back in the saddle again........

The stars have aligned and allowed me to get something for Darlene that I've been wanting to get for her for a while - a scooter. We were out for dinner last Saturday with friends and Darlene and I were admiring a little scooter parked outside the restaurant. Our friends mentioned that they just happened to have a scooter for sale. What a coincidence. They offered us a great deal and it only took me a few days to persuade Darlene that this was a great opportunity to get her a little beastie to boot around on her days off. So by this time next week, we should be the proud owners of a cute little blue and white Honda Jazz scooter.

I did not get it for me, I got it for her.

Of course I get to ride it............................ from time to time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karl!!!! You did to buy it for yourself....be honest.

Gale said...

Karl, it is only hers if the scooter is pink. You went and bought a manly blue and white scooter. tsk tsk.
Have fun!!! Be careful of those outlaw scooter gangs.

Karl Plesz said...

I forgot to mention that the scooter's actual colour is not a darkish blue like you see in the picture - it's more of a baby blue.

But yeah - I did buy it for 'us'. I just hope Darlene uses it a lot. Then I can brag that I'm married to a biker chick.

junebee said...

I've been thinking of getting a scooter since there's no way my husband would be happy with me getting a motorcycle. Let us know how the scooter works out.

yoo hoo said...

Don't you wish it were big enough for a side car? groovy!

Karl Plesz said...

Nope. I would never have a side car. If I'm bringing a passenger along on a motorbike (and I've had 3), they've got to ride in the back.

Call me old-fashioned. But to have your honey holding on back there looking over your shoulder is AOK with me.

Heck, there was a time back when I was just a young pup, when girls used to line up for rides on my bike when I lived in Army barracks.

Where was I going with this...... ?