Friday, March 16, 2007

2007 Car Show

I decided to go check out the new cars for the first time since before I bought my Acura. I went with my buddy Gord, who is in the market for a new car. My bias against North American vehicles was not swayed by this exhibition. Perhaps it was my bias that coloured my perception of the situation, but the domestic vendors seemed a lot more in-your-face and desperate than the imports. I wanted a chance to sit in a 300 series BMW, since they're all the rage these days. I was not impressed.

Near the end of my visit, I wandered through the Mercedes Benz display. There I spied the new model of the CL series. I have never sat in a car worth $135,000 before. This thing had more buttons on each door than some cars have on the entire dash. I couldn't find the cappuccino maker, but I'm sure it must have had one tucked away somewhere.

No comments: