Monday, February 19, 2007

Like a fish out of water....

Sometimes when Darlene sends me to the store for stuff, I have to take a don't ask - don't tell approach to the list. Today was no different. I had two items to obtain - a Cherry Blossom (if you're not from Canada - it consists of a maraschino cherry and cherry syrup, surrounded by a mixture of chocolate, coconut and roasted peanut pieces) and a pack of cigarette rolling papers. This is where the don't ask - don't tell part comes into play. Let me just recap how that transaction went at the convenience store:

Me: (motioning to the candy) Yeah, this ...... and a pack of rolling papers.
Clerk: (pretends to act coy)
Me: Do you have rolling papers? (spying them behind the clerk) Oh yes .... there they are.
Clerk: What kind?
Me: Ummmmm ............. (now the heat is on).......... I don't know...
Clerk: (still coy)
Me: How about the Zig Zags?
Clerk: Which one?
Me: (spotting white packs and green packs) What's the difference?
Clerk: One is white and one is green.
Me: I guess I'll take the white ones.


By this point, I know I'm looking like a total stoner loser, but it's too late. The damage is done. Luckily I don't live nearby and won't have to relive this embarrassment anytime soon.

Yeah - I know what you're thinking...... they're for Darlene's arts and crafts, OK?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maxflex said;

Sure they are....

Anonymous said...

Karl, you just made me laugh so hard that I cried!

Nancy