Friday, December 01, 2006

Lights!

In what has got to be my most soul-baring act to date, I am extending an invitation to my readers. If you happen to have nothing to do this Tuesday night (December 5th, 2006), maybe you might find your way downtown (Calgary) to the Epcor Centre for the Performing Arts. At the Engineered Air Theatre at said Centre, you'll find a small group of amateur actors and actresses putting on a performance to showcase some of what they have learned in 10 weeks (20 or so hours) of acting classes. There will be group performances and each person will perform solo or in a small group. The focus is on improv, so you will not be seeing any remakes of known works. Although, the piece I have crafted for my performance is a liberally adapted take on the famous cafe scene from the movie Girl in the Cafe. And I do actually mean liberally interpreted - with loads of changes.

Yes, that's right, yours truly will be on stage in what may be the birth of a new career path. Awww who am I kidding....... Anyway, if you want to see some fun acting exercises, come on down. Be there no later than 7:45pm. I can't guarantee they'll let people in who arrive late. Besides, it'll probably be over by 9:00pm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I can get away from the rug rat I'll be there with bells on. Incidently you inspired my best friend to sign up for the winter semester of the very same course...

Pet