Saturday, December 23, 2006

If I had my own radio station - Vince Guaraldi

You've probably heard it often enough this holiday season. His jazz was unleashed upon us as the soundtrack for countless Peanuts TV shows, the pictured special probably being the most famous.

Vince Guaraldi was one of the coolest pianists of all time and if you're interested in a fun intro to jazz, give some of his albums a try. Here are some samples from the pictured album: Christmas is Coming; Greensleeves; and of course - the classic - Christmas Time is Here.

Honestly, if a Christmas went by without me hearing these songs, it would be a very bad thing.

4 comments:

junebee said...

Wow, I should get that. I'm always looking for some "Classic" Christmas music. Can I get it on Amazon?

Karl Plesz said...

If you search Amazon in the Music section with the word Guaraldi, it's there...........

Anonymous said...

We were listening to this again the other night and my husband retorted..."who could not like this Christmas Album?", it's our favorite. My guess that crowd of non-likers is small. Happy Holidays to you and Darlene.

Karl Plesz said...

The same to you Carla. All the best to you and yours.