Friday, October 20, 2006

Good thing I didn't sell the old beastie....

For those of you who were betting on how long Rosie (the Roomba robotic vacuum) would last in the Plesz household.................... 19 days to be exact. I returned the little dickens to the store yesterday. It was a fun experiment while it lasted, but Rosie was just.... too much work.

It's not a bad little device. But Rosie just wasn't very capable on her own, without lots of preparation to the rooms needing cleaning. Pretty much anything not nailed down had to be relocated. By the time I finished prepping the room, I could have been done doing the job by hand.

4 comments:

Gale said...

but I really liked her, George....

Anonymous said...

I was telling some friends about your rosie and they knew somebody that tried one out but their problem was their dog Rosie scared her so she crapped on the floor. You can imagine the mess!

dvd

Karl Plesz said...

HAHA!! Oh my.... sorry, but that just struck me as very funny. What kind of dog? Was it one of those annoying little mini-dogs? Oh..... the mental picture i'm having right now. Apologies to owners of small breeds, but I find them annoying.

Imagine that..... the Roomba scared the shit out of the dog....... literally.

Karl Plesz said...

Also, I think this kind of incident is something the iRobot corporation should be jumping all over. I can see it now.... the Poomba. It follows your pet(s) around all day, cleaning up after it. Except I think they might have to increase the size of the 'waste bin', if you catch my drift.....