Thursday, September 28, 2006

Wwweeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I've always wanted to go for a ride in a Corvette. Today, I finally got my wish. One of my colleagues has a 1990 ZR-1 Corvette. It's got a 32 valve, 350 cubic inch, Lotus designed engine with 405HP - stock. He offered me a ride.

We hit the highway to get out of the city and got onto a country road so he could show off the acceleration. Poor pickup truck in front of us probably was starting to freak out when he saw this stealth car racing at him from behind at 150km/h. We turned around, got back to the highway and took the cloverleaf onramp at 120km/h (75mph). That's not a typo. Those F1 tires held us to the road very nicely, but as we were approaching the end of the onramp, I was getting just a little nervous. You run out of merge lane pretty fast doing 120km/h+ and the right lane was not clear - I repeat - it was NOT clear! I guess I worried for nothing, because he tromped it and we got past those wannabees toute de suite. Those poor bastards just saw a black blur go by them on the right and probably had a little heart murmur. We were doing 210km/h (130mph) before he let off the gas and cruised back into city limits.

Yeah.......... good times.

No comments: