Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Suck it up.........

Some Newfoundlanders seem convinced that Canadian Idol is fixed, after Craig Sharpe lost to Eva Avila from Quebec.

I'm sorry if you feel that way, but the way I saw it, Eva is a better performer than Craig. As the judges said, she sang the song (that was written for the winner) as if she co-wrote it. I don't quite buy her "Oh my - you really like me?" act, but she is the best talent on the show (in the top 5). Did you hear her rendition of Alicia Keye's "How Come You Don't Call Me"? Come on! Sorry my Newfie friends, Craig just couldn't match Eva's range, nor her soul. In fact, a recurring thing where Craig was concerned kept getting mentioned by both the judges and guests on the show. It was his lack of (albeit perceived) emotional attachment to the songs he sang. I agree. It made a big difference.

Are the Newfoundlanders gone yet.....?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't usually watch any of these types of shows but I did see the semi finals and I thought Tyler Lewis should have made the finals. i thought he was by far the best doing the crooner genre. Or maybe it's because I'm from Saskatchewan.

Dvd

Anonymous said...

You know she's my hometown girl, right? ;) People here were stoked. Heidi

Karl Plesz said...

Yup. I knew.