Sunday, September 24, 2006

Gigabling!

I was in the market for a new portable storage device. The kind of device I can use to carry my favourite applications with me when I go to clients' homes to troubleshoot their PCs. My 256MB memory stick just wasn't cutting it anymore and I was this close [holds fingers mere millimetres apart] to buying a 1GB or 2GB memory stick to replace it. That would have run me anywhere from $75 to $130. At Costco, I found an I/OMagic Gigabank. 8GB capacity for a measly $130. I couldn't tell from the packaging, but I suspected that it wasn't a memory-based device. I was correct. It's a teeny hard drive - and I do mean teeny! This thing is as small as a box of TicTacs. It even comes with a short USB extender cable, so you don't have to worry about it fitting into tight spots. Now if I could just find a way to wear this bling around my neck, I'll be set........

Folks......... if you've got a geek on your Xmas gift list this year, I would highly recommend this little baby.

No comments: