Sunday, July 16, 2006

Shorts in the summer....... how fitting

The National Film Board of Canada is very well-known the world over for its animated shorts, many of them Oscar-nominated. In case you've missed out on some of the gems they've produced, or just want a chance to see them again - you're in luck. The NFB has put some of the classics online for your viewing pleasure. The Sweater (about the Habs fan kid who gets a Toronto jersey instead); The Snit (about the guy who loves to saw); The Cat Came Back (probably the most known of the collection; Neighbours (the stop-motion clip about two neighbours fighting)...... A lot of stuff to see and an important part of our culture.

3 comments:

Andy said...

Karl, these short films are AWESOME! You da man! Yet *another* bookmark added to my collection!

Anonymous said...

Hi Karl,
I have been reading your blog for a while and now I'm kind of addicted :) How you manage to come up with one amazing link after another beats me. This one really made my day. Thanks!

Karl Plesz said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll tell you how I find them...... I have no life! But seriously, it's just patience and good, adventurous browsing - that's all.