Saturday, June 24, 2006

They're in cahoots with each other

I went looking for some replacement screen protector sheets for my Palm PDA. The first 2 places I looked wanted $30 for a package of 13 sheets. Holy shit! $30 frickin dollars for 13 palm-sized (no pun intended) sheets of plastic that will probably outlast my PDA itself. I stormed out of the stores thinking that was a total ripoff.

[mumble /grumble] $30 for some pieces of plastic.........

In a desperate move, I went into the Bell phone store and asked if they had the screen protectors. They had a pack for $20. The same pack of 13 sheets. So I bought them.

I have a theory. All the retail stores get together once a month and plan this shit out:
Store A: OK, you guys make sure to price the PDA protectors at $30.
Store B, C, D and E: Yeah, no problem.
Store A: We'll price them at $20. Whatever losers come into our store will think we're a bargain.
Store B, C, D and E: Yeah................... losers!
Store C: We wanna sell Zen mp3 players for $40 off this week.
Store A: Don't get sassy.........

No comments: