Friday, June 30, 2006

Burg disappointment

If you know me well or are a regular reader of this blog, you know I'm a big fan of good burgers. I'm always on the lookout for the next great burger - and I'm not talking about fast food chain stuff either.

Based on other peoples' reviews, I have discovered yet another potential place to indulge my favourite food........... Buchanan's Restaurant on 3rd Ave SW. The thing is, Darlene is very particular about her food (not that there's anything wrong with that) and there are very few things on Buchanan's menu that would likely meet her standards. Except maybe the steak. At $36.50, this ought to be some steak....... I'll probably get to go sooner or later, but why do I have to attend a chop house restaurant to get a decent burger?

Update: Heh. As it turns out, I spoke too soon. We went to Buchanan's tonight since Darlene was in the mood for a steak. The burger was a definite 9/10 (pure ground sirloin). Now if they could only make home cut french fries...........

No comments: