Saturday, May 13, 2006

Like a record baby..... a broken record

So like I was on the bus yesterday. No really - I was. I had dropped my car off to get some stuff done. The bus had a group of teenagers onboard. This one girl was so loud! Holy! My cell phone rang - it was the place working on my car trying to reach me - and I could barely hear them because this chick was so loud.

OK, so like I'm totally out of touch with the teen scene - you know - no longer having any at my house or my work and stuff.... so I ask you, my readers - is this normal? Do teens talk extra loud just to impress each other these days? It didn't impress me much. Because now I had to listen to some inane blabbering about the song 'you spin me round' by Dead or Alive. It just went on and on. I shoulda brought my Zen (mp3 player) along......

On another note - do you ever notice how many mentally handicapped people there are on buses? I have a theory. They weren't always this way. They went nuts listening to teens blabber about inane stuff on the bus all the time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah karl, you are so right!

I ride the C-Train everyday and I unfortunately get to ride the train home with most of these loud, obnoxious teens. And cranking up the volume on my iPod doesn't help - I still here them.

But there's really no difference between those loud teens and the "loud talking" adults who feel they need to yell into their cell phones as if they're using the ol' 2 tin cans and a string technology.

I think it's time to get some noise cancelling headphones

Canuck Girl said...

Hey, do I get extra points for willingly working with them?

Yes, a signifiacnt majority of teenage girls talk THAT loud. My tehory is that they spend all their time attached to cell phone which they are talking on in loud public spaces...necessitating them to yell. Therefore, when not on the phone they forget they don't have to yell and still do.

They also have no concept of private information since they spend a good chunk of their time talking about personal things on a cell phone in a public place. They really don't seem to care who hears them.

Hopefully they'll outgrow it.