Monday, May 22, 2006

Köstlich

If you're ever in the Calgary area and want to enjoy some superior quality European food, you must go to Bragg Creek and try the cuisine at the Bavarian Inn Restaurant. It's the place I often pick for my special birthday dinner. The reason is simple - the food is fantastic. Rich, made from scratch, Charlie creates some dishes that will have your mouth watering every time you think about the place. His staff are friendly beyond description. One time I called to make a reservation and the woman recognized my voice and asked if we would be wanting the usual dishes.

I won't bias your experience by telling you what we like - you just have to go and find out what you like for yourself. Bring a good appetite and a good bank balance - our meals typically run to $80-90, without tip or booze. But it's worth every penny. They have a saying on the wall, "We will serve good food, at a profit if we can, at a loss if we must, but always good food".

No comments: