Friday, May 26, 2006

The boy's been around...

I was discussing American Idol with some people and the topic got around to one of the judges - Randy Jackson. Some wondered what his history was in the music industry. Turns out, he played bass with a hell of a lot of artists. Here's a partial list:

Aretha Franklin; Herbie Hancock; Blue Oyster Cult; Whitney Houston; Eddie Money; Joe Cocker; Lionel Ritchie; Kenny G; Journey; George Benson; Bob Dylan; Michael Bolton; Madonna; Jon Bon Jovi; Billy Idol; Celine Dion; Stevie Nicks; Roger Waters; Bruce Springsteen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow....thats quite the list. I never knew he played with Springsteen. Must have been without the E Street band.

JM

Karl Plesz said...

Yeah. He played on the albums 'Human Touch' and 'Lucky Town'.

Anonymous said...

A lot of people didnt care for those 2 albums but I thought they were great. They are in my collection along with the rest of his music WITH the E Street band.


Looks like I had better polish up on my music trivia, I should have known who played with him.

A devoted Bruce fan....

JM

Karl Plesz said...

Well - I do have an unfair advantage. I get a lot of my research from allmusic.com