Saturday, April 22, 2006

Touched by fate....part 6

People that have made an impact on my life (in no particular order - read the disclaimer here):

Shawn and Glen Drover - the kids-next-door (literally) were the first people I knew to demonstrate a sheer love for music. They were silly (notice a common thread), full of energy, and they loved not only listening to music, but figuring out how to play as well. They both went on to become professional musicians (ever hear of Eidolon or King Diamond?) and currently play in the band Megadeth. I wonder how their fans would feel about them dancing and singing along to KC & The Sunshine Band?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or better yet...the Sugar Bears..we had a lipsync version that rocked man LOL!! I kinda miss Glen and his idiosynchrosies...been thinking about him. And Shawn was my first crush. :) Heidi

Anonymous said...

Must be pretty cool knowing someone like that who accually made it far. They are a bit heavy for me but there are a few songs I hear on cjay that I just have to crank up.

JM

Karl Plesz said...

The funny thing is, they moved away from our town and we all kinda lost touch with them. I had no idea they were in the music biz until my sister told me they had a band in Ontario. I looked them up on the net and voila. There they is.