Friday, April 28, 2006

I could get used to this....

We don't often get a chance to sample what it's like to live the high life like a wealthy person - unless of course we are wealthy. This is why I relished my stay at the Newport Beach Resort next to the Newport Beach Yatch Club in Los Angeles; the Boulders Resort in Carefree Arizona; and will likely enjoy my planned trip to The Hotel (at Mandalay Bay) in Vegas.

Meanwhie, since I have enjoyed the luxury of a first class plane seat a grand total of zero times, I secretly went giddy when my brother-in-law gave me a guest Maple Leaf Lounge pass to enjoy. Thanks Luc! I write this post from one of said lounges. It's the ritzy waiting area Air Canada Business Class passengers get to wait for their flight. Free booze; free food; free internet; big TVs to watch the latest stock reports........... Seriously, I almost felt guilty enjoying the perks that come along with using such a facility and then I remembered how freaking uncomfortable the economy class seats are. Geez, this lounge should be payback alone for what you have to endure on an economy fare. OK, guilt has passed. Now pass me another appetizer............. and make it snappy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Told you it was cool :) Heidi