Monday, March 27, 2006

Yay! A new burger joint to try.....

So they opened a new hamburger joint in Calgary - Fatburger. They started in LA in the 50's and have spread out across NA over the years. Being relatively fond of the hamburger sandwich, I decided to give these fatboys a try.

I had the regular ol' Fatburger with cheese, some onion rings and a drink. Darlene had a hot dog and fries and a strawberry shake. She did not like her hot dog, but then again, Darlene likes the European variety of weiner, not the reddish, all-beef ones. The shake was yummy - made from real ice cream. My burger was pretty good. I still like Lick's burgers the best, but until they come out West, my access to them is limited. The fries were typical (not home fries). The onion rings were good, but holy Tums tablets Batman - they were greasy. I guess we're getting old, because our stomachs just can't handle the grease anymore.

For those of you who can still handle greasy food - Fatburger shouldn't disappoint. There's only one in Calgary for now, but they plan on a few more in the next 3-5 years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I'd been meaning to tell you, we went to Lick's, and my burger was well.....had to be something wrong. I can't see you liking a burger that smells like a stable?? Any info for me? My burger smelled awful, couldn't eat it. Heidi-Jess' chicken nuggets were fine ;)

Karl Plesz said...

I don't know..... I've never had a problem. I never noticed whether they smelled different - but they are pasteurized. I wonder if that makes a diff.....