Thursday, March 09, 2006

Soul Patrol!

I admit I'm now addicted to American Idol. At first, I only watched it from sheer curiosity, since Darlene was watching it anyway. Although I'm not really into the kind of music (pop) showcased by these wannabe Timberlakes and Aguileras, I have to confess that I've taken a liking to Taylor Hicks. Taylor is 29 and has prematurely greying hair, giving him a much older look than his competition on Idol, but he is also an old soul. His life goal is to be 'as happy as possible' and his energy and enthusiasm is downright infectious when he gets on stage to do his thing. Is he truly Idol material? Probably not - he's too damned good to just be a 'pop' star. But I'm hoping he gets enough exposure on the show to be offered a record deal in the end. I know I would buy it.

Taylor - if you're listening - Darlene and I would love to hear you sing Desperado by the Eagles and Boots or Hearts by The Tragically Hip.

No comments: