Sunday, March 19, 2006

Nobody home?

I came across this design for a sticker to place on your iPod (Shuffle) that is meant to indicate to others whether you wish to be disturbed while you listen to your Shuffle. One goes on the front and the other on the back - I presume you flip it over to indicate one way or the other. This brings up an interesting topic for discussion in that it offers a solution to a social problem that may not even be valid in the first place. I can't speak for everyone, but I have never really looked at someone with earbuds in their head as a sign that they don't want to be spoken to. I probably wouldn't engage them in meaningless chat, but if I felt they could be trusted to offer directions, etc. I wouldn't hesitate to ask. Heck, at work, I see people wearing earbuds all day and it doesn't affect my urge to talk to them.

How about my readers?

1 comment:

yoo hoo said...

I think it's just another symptom of over communicated, under socialized. Oh yeah, and buy hearing aid futures.