Monday, February 13, 2006

Houses go for double in parallel universe....

The other day I stepped into a rift in the space-time continuum and emerged out the other side, just a block away from my house. You see, two new houses just went up where there had only been one before - you know the deal. Two story duplex. Stucco exterior. A little over 1800 sq ft. Undeveloped basement. Oak floors on the main floor, carpet upstairs. 3 bedroom, ensuite bath, yadda yadda. So I mentally calculated what these new duplexes might be worth. I'm thinking between $229,000 and $239,000 (City market value assessment agreed with me too). But I forgot to take the space-time anomaly into account, because when I saw the actual asking price, I almost burst into a manic fit of laughter. $440,000. I quickly left the home, hoping not to arouse any suspicion that I didn't belong in this dimension and managed to escape back to my original place and time.

That was a close one.

No comments: