Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Bye bye butchers!

Most of my experiences with dentists have not been good. In fact, agonizing is a better description of these episodes. I remember one time, the dentist wanted to pull all four of my wisdom teeth out. But he never took a really close look at the X-ray and didn't notice the hook in one of the roots of the first tooth he tried to extract. After nearly ripping my face off, he was like, "Oh, it's hooked." That meant he had to drill enough holes in the tooth to perforate it, break it in half , then pull out the straight half before hooking the hooked half out. 2 hours later I was dismissed, but not before he asked me to make an appointment to get the other 3 out another time. I walked right out the door. Each year when I got a checkup, I refused to let these butchers complete the job. Which is funny, because as a Private in the military, you normally don't say 'no' to an officer (all Dentists are officers).

Now that I am out of the military, the situation is so much different. I have a dentist that puts me at ease right from the get go. He's freaking awesome. I'd recommend him to you, but I don't want to share him with anyone. Darlene feels the same way.

No comments: