Friday, July 01, 2005

Bonne Fete


Happy 138th birthday Canada. You're pretty good lookin' for an older chick. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways:

  • I love our liberal tolerance of things / people / cultures.
  • We're friendly.
  • So much of our great land is still wilderness and/or uninhabited.
  • We did not attack Iraq.
  • Our crime rate is very low.
  • We're likely the only country who has or ever will successfully take the White House.
  • We have a wonderful health care system (especially when you compare it to others).
  • We produce some of the best comedians in the world.
  • Our air and water is still relatively clean and we want to make it cleaner.
  • We invented hockey!
  • We don't take ourselves too seriously.
  • Did I mention we're friendly?
  • We're so small, we know everyone by name
OK, I made that last one up...

No comments: