Saturday, April 02, 2005

Join the club - it's free!

Darlene confided in me that a long time ago, when she was young and poor, she was a member of the International Order of Women Who Buy a Dress From Sears Then Return it the Next Day, or IOWWBDFSTRND. Yeah, I know - such a bad thing to do, but I think she justified it with words like "well, everybody does it" or "I didn't make enough money back then to buy my own dress", etc. Well, I guess women have been doing this for decades and Sears is getting a little ticked - who can blame them. So in an effort to put a stop to this practise, they've put these big-assed tags on the outside of the dresses and told customers that they cannot return the dress once the tag has been removed.

Call me crazy, but I'm thinking wearing a dress to an event with this huge tag still on your dress would be the perfect way to declare to the world that you're still a member in good standing of the IOWWBDFSTRND club, no?

No comments: