Wednesday, January 12, 2005

The fine art of communicating

Women sure don't make it easy for us men to interpret their intent. Case in point: when Darlene says "Oh yeah.....?", it can mean so many things. It's like the most obscure response ever. "Oh yeah.....?" can mean anything from "Oh my God, are you ever in shit now...." to "Hmmmm, whatever...."

I think as men, we should be awarded honourary degrees in communications after we've lasted 10 years in a relationship with a woman.

Now, to be fair - that's not to say that men are always crystal clear in our verbalizing either. When Darlene asks me how far away the car is parked from the door at the mall, "Not too far" can mean anything from 2 stalls to 50 metres away....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been married for 5 years now and most frustrating/stressful interpretation is when my wife all of a sudden becomes silent for who knows why. It can be because she is trying to figure out what she is feeling or that she knows exactly what she is feeling and she is pissed (at me or someone else). As the husband my response or lack of response can elevate it to a all new level.