Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Get a clue Dick

Here's what happens when you refer to a resource you don't understand:

During the debate, Vice President Cheney urged viewers to go to "factcheck.com," which he claimed would back up some of his assertions. But he meant "factcheck.org". Factcheck.com is a totally different site and the owners have made it so if you visit it, you'll be forwarded to George Soros website, which is highly critical of the Bush administration. To make matters worse, Fox News made the same mis-quote in one of their articles. No wait - it gets better. The owner of "factcheck.info" offers:

I own the domain factcheck.info, for reasons I can't remember. I don't have time to do anything with it, or any ideas really. But if you do, and your idea is malicious, contact me and I'll give the factcheck.info domain to you.

Lesson: All those web address thingies don't all end in dot com.

No comments: