Friday, October 22, 2004

Frozen in time...

Yes, I know - I haven't posted anything in days. I was away. Company business took me to Kingston Ontario. This is where I spent 15 years of my life in the military and where I met Darlene. I was looking forward to going back if for no other reason - than I would likely run into many old friends from my military days. This was almost gauranteed because the Branch of the service I served in (Communications & Electronics) was having their re-union. It sure was nice to see these people. In particular, I found out by chance that an old buddy of mine was living there again. His nickname is Squid. His last name is Squires. You do the math...

I was a bit disappointed in Kingston. Many of my favourite places to eat or hang out were gone. The city has not seen much growth in the ten years I've been gone. What a contrast to Calgary. There was a time when I was naive enough to imagine that Kingston was 'it' - that I was destined to stay there forever. Little did I know. I realize that some people love the place - and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm just doubly glad I got booted out of there (long story - military career planning) 10 years ago.

No comments: