Saturday, September 04, 2004

For crying out loud!

Far be it for me to tell parents how to raise their kids. If you want to spank them, go ahead - as long as you don't abuse them. If you want to talk to them about their feelings, that's fine too. But please for the love of all things sacred, could you please stop your kids from screaming. I've had enough of the blood-curdling screams. I was at the mall today and it was like a freaking orchestra. And the parents are just standing there, like nothing's happening. Heads are turning, people are asking who's doing all that screaming and kids are looking at each other and thinking 'Gee, that sounds pretty good, I think I'm gonna try that some day'. I mean, crying is one thing - and sometimes kids do have a pretty good reason to cry. You know - your diaper's poopy; you're hungry; you're tired; the batteries just ran out on your Gameboy. But there's really no good reason for a tantrum screaming cry, is there?

So please do something about your operatic children. Or maybe it's time for the cops to start handing out tickets for disturbing the peace.

No comments: