Friday, August 07, 2020

Small things 7 Aug

  • "Whenever I see a Tim Hortons in America I always have the same thought. Don't force your culture on us! But you [Canadians] wouldn't know how that feels....." ~Jim Gaffigan 
  • Doughnuts. Or as they could have been called - cake bagels.
  • A motto used to be 'avoid negative people'. Now it's 'avoid positive people'.
  • People were making fun of Dr Fauci's first pitch throw. Come on. Remember - it's his job to make sure nobody catches anything......
  • What's more patriotic? Noticing the flaws in your country and wanting to make things better? Or claiming it's great and disregarding major problems?
  • People hung dice from the car rear-view mirror once upon a time. Or air freshener. Or a dream catcher. Now it's a face mask. 
  • People at Disney World said the lines were great, a lot shorter than usual. But the food is tasteless now.................................. [veiled reference to lack of taste when infected with Covid-19]
  • Recycling bin banter in 2019: "I'm not an alcoholic, hahah. I just had a big party...." Recycling bin banter in 2020: "I swear I didn't have a party. I'm just an alcoholic."
  • I don't understand the US government reaction to Covid. They are so anti-immigration, yet they're letting a foreign virus thrive. Have Mexicans killed as many Americans as Covid? Asking for a friend.....
  • Disney has opened their parks. Have they opened their corporate offices though?
  • If the meeting to discuss re-opening schools is conducted via Zoom for the safety of the participants, then ummm...........
  • I bet people press that elevator close door button quite frantically now................

No comments: