Friday, August 07, 2020

I've seen a lot of changes, but I'd like to see more

I think it's an interesting time to be alive. We may actually live to see substantial changes to our society at a level similar to the abolishment of slavery and the emancipation of women.

I hope, before I die, to witness the following changes:

Equal pay for equal work.

Complete intolerance for racism and xenophobia in all of its forms.

Zero tolerance for and swift justice against sexism, abuse and harassment.

A living wage for every working person. Hell, why stop there. Universal income for everyone.

Abolishing political lobbying.

An abundance of CEOs who care more about their workers and their product quality than investors.

Government decisions that only favour people, not industries.

Change as a result of the realization that our current North American prison model does not rehabilitate criminals, nor does it treat root causes, it only punishes them and cultivates hatred against society.

Scrapping copyright. Controversial, I agree, but the current scheme is beyond saving, promotes and rewards greed and stifles creativity.

I think that's enough.

No comments: